Sign up for the Challenge - Fly it for the Beauty - Go for the Bell!
Welcome to the SwissAlps FLY in the grandiose flight arena of Fiesch! As for our Ultratrail friends, we have put together a Hike'n'Fly menu that is challenging in terms of flying and running!
After the start, on Saturday, August 13, 2022 in Fiesch, you will collect your first points on the Kühboden (1,150 m). From there you can choose to pick up the next points at the checkpoint (CP) Breithorn, in Grengiols, Chäserstatt and Fiesch (landing site). Whoever gets more points faster wins!
(click to open)
- Only pilots who have a valid SHV-Brevet / IPPI-card 4 / DHV / ÖAV or another recognized flight authorization are allowed to start.
- Proof of valid insurance coverage is mandatory!
- Tandems are allowed.
Categories: women, men, tandem
- Only EN / LTF type-tested parachutes and harnesses with a protector and reserve parachute are permitted.
- Each participant always has a mobile phone that is ready to receive and a battery pack of at least 10,000 mA. with himself.
- Each participant always has the operational GPS tracker provided by the race organization with him.
- Each participant always carries a rescue blanket (140 cm x 200 cm), an elastic emergency bandage (at least 200 cm x 4 cm), a whistle and a line of at least 10 m (tree landings).
Check-In: You can find the check-in and race start times on the page with the schedule for the race weekend . At check-in, in addition to the reservation fee, the participation fee of CHF / € 50.00 has to be paid.
Late registrations: To be announced.
Obligatory briefing / Meteo: Saturday, August 13th, 22, 09:00 a.m. in the start / finish area.
Duration of the race: Saturday, August 13th, 22, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Anyone who does not finish by 8:00 p.m. will receive a deduction of 10 points per full minute!
- The CPs have to be fetched on foot on the ground.
- Each CP may only be entered once.
- The recording is done electronically with each CP. At the same time, the CP's are also a refreshment point for the Swiss Alps 100.
- The final time is recorded at the finish in the start / finish area.
- The CP's Kühboden and Fiesch (landing site) are mandatory.
- The campsites Chäserstatt, Grengiols and Breithorn can be fetched in any order.
- CP Kühboden: 50 points (mandatory)
- CP Fiesch (official landing site): 20 points (mandatory)
- CP Grengiols: 80 points
- CP Chäserstatt: 100 points
- CP Breithorn: 350 points
Ranking list: The ranking list is based on categories. In it according to points collected. If the number of points is equal, the time goes ahead.
- The flight rules and airspaces must be observed at all times.
- Deep overflights, take-offs or landings on meadows with animals are not allowed!
- Anyone who does not finish the event at the finish for any reason (race task) must immediately cancel the registration at the next CP or the race management by phone / SMS / WhatsApp. Whoever fails to do this and thus initiates a search, bears the costs alone!
- Anyone who gives up the race, whenever possible, goes to the finish line in an organized manner. Each participant bears the costs alone.
- The race management can cancel the race at any time without giving a reason. No costs will be reimbursed.
- The race management can cancel the event up to 3 days before the start for meteorological reasons. The reservation fee of CHF / € 30.- will not be refunded.
Regulations: The current regulations also apply. (as of November 2021)
Important: The alpine flight arena in Fiesch is demanding! The summer valley winds, leeward spots and weather conditions can be dangerous! There are lots of cables and tight landing areas! Only register if you have the flying & running skills!